4 large day-old croissants
3/4 c. milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. butter
3 T. powdered sugar
- Slice the croissants in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.
- Melt 1 T. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 croissant halves, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until a golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberry syrup.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. orange liqueur or orange juice
1 tsp. grated orange rind
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and let stand for 30 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm.