Chicken tenders, I buy mine frozen at Costco
1/2 c. butter, very soft, almost melted
1/2 c. lite sour cream, maybe a bit more
1-1 1/2 tsp. garlic (freshly pressed or the kind you keep in the fridge)
1 roll of Ritz crackers
1/2-3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, sour cream and garlic together. Then in a separate bowl add crushed Ritz crackers and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken tenders in sour cream mixture first and then dip them into the cracker mix. Place them on a baking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
For the mac-n-cheez:
4 T. butter, divided
3 slices white bread, broken in pieces
2 3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 1/4 c. shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 c. Parmesan Romano cheese, shredded
1/2-3/4 lb. macaroni noodles
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start cooking pasta. When done, drain and rinse under cold water. Drain out cold water.
- In a bowl mix together 2 T. melted butter and broken up bread.
- In a small pot, warm milk or medium heat.
- In a separate pot, melt remaining 2 T. butter. Add flour and mix. Then slowly add the hot milk. Stir over heat until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Keep out enough cheese to put on the top of the noodles.
- Put macaroni noodles back in pot and add cheese mixture. Mix well until all noodles are coated.
- Pour into a 3 quart casserole dish and top with remaining cheeses. Then top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake @ 375 for 30 minutes or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- After cooking, remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes.