Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tortellini Soup

the goods:

1/2 onion, chopped

1 garlic, minced

1 T. olive oil

1 1/2 lbs. ground sausage

5 cans beef broth

1 1/2 tsp. oregano

1 1/2 tsp. basil

2 c. chopped carrots

2 cans Italian-seasoned chopped tomatoes

2-3 chopped zucchini (I love veggies, so I usually do 3, but you do what you like. Just eye it.)

2 T. parsley

1 pkg. frozen cheese tortellini, OR I get the cheese tortelini that's in the refrigerated section, and I buy the bigger pack and use the whole thing in the soup.

Saute' onion and garlic in olive oil. Add sausage and brown. Add beef broth, oregano, and basil. Add carrots and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes. 5-10 minutes before serving serving, add zucchini, parsley and tortellini.



**This is SO good. I love the chunky vegetables with the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment