Monday, March 30, 2009

Taco Salad

I know that this one is self explanatory, but the whole idea of this blog was to give us more meal ideas to fix for our families, right? So here is another idea. I LOVE mexican food! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! I actually think I'm 1/2 mexican....seriously, I could live off of it. One of our favorite (and easy) things to eat is taco salad. I know everyone does something different but this is ours.


the goods:

1 lb. hamburger
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (you can buy in the spice section at most grocery stores)

Cook hamburger over the stove. Add kidney beans. Cook until beans are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper and Tony Chachere's.

Layer the following:

Handful of doritos, slightly crushed
Shredded lettuce
Cooked hamburger and bean mixture
Shredded cheddar cheese
Tomatoes, diced
Onions, chopped
Avocado, chopped
Ranch dressing
Salsa
Sour cream

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment