3 T. pine nuts
8-10 leaves of basil, about half a cup
1/4 c. flat leaf parsley leaves
1 (5.4 oz) round of Boursin garlic and herb soft cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
4 T. EVOO
salt and pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
12 slices, 1/2 inch thick of vine ripe tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small pan over medium heat lightly toast the nuts then.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts, Boursin cheese, 1/4 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano, and some salt and pepper. Process into a smooth paste. Reserve.
- Butterfly each of the chicken breasts and pound them out lightly in a plastic bag with a dash of water, using a skillet or meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken and divide the herb cheese mixture between the four breasts, placing a scoop on one half of each breast. Fold the flap over to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the chicken pockets to a baking sheet and shingle 3 slices of tomato over each breast. Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle with EVOO, and sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake the chicken pockets until cooked through and light golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with garlic and cheese orzo alongside.