We really enjoy this pasta dish! Very flavorful and just plain delicious!!! I know it might look like alot of ingredients, but it's really not. It's actually pretty easy to put together and even more worth it when you take a bite! This is a great meal.
3 T. butter
2 T. minced garlic
1 T. Marsala wine (I used chicken broth)
1/2 tsp. minced thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. minced rosemary
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. dijon mustard
1 lb. whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 c. (2 oz) thick sliced smoked prosciutto (I used turkey bacon this time)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I don't like shrimp, so I don't ever add it)
3 T. grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2-1 roasted red bell pepper
4 sprigs rosemary (optional)
1- Preheat barbecue grill to high. Start cooking noodles, then drain and set aside. Also start to cook bacon.
2. Prepare sauce by melting 3 T. butter over medium low heat. Add garlic and sweat it for about 5 minutes. Be sure the garlic doesn't brown. Add the Marsalad wine (or chicken broth) and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce---except chicken, bacon, and noodles--- and whisk well until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer and keep it there for 10 minutes or until it's thick.
3. Cover sauce and remove it from the heat.
4. Pound the thick end of your chicken breasts a bit to make them uniform thickness. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spear the shrimp on skewers, then rub them with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side. When cicken is done, slice into strips.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. In a 3 qt. casserole dish layer the cooked noodles, then chicken, shrimp, prosciutto (or bacon), and then drizzle the sauce over top. Toss to coat!!
7. For the topping, combine the parmesan and paprika and spinkle evenly on over the noodles.
8. Bake @ 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes until top begins to brown. Arrange roasted bell pepper on top of each dish (and rosemary if you like). Serve with a side salad and french bread, and enjoy.